As part of the Projects team, Peter advises public, private and third sector clients on corporate and company law matters. He has considerable experience advising clients on company acquisitions and disposals, private equity investments, fundraisings, group reorganisations, board governance matters and shareholder issues. Peter also frequently advises public and private sector clients on company formations and the creation of tailored commercial delivery structures, including joint ventures.
Peter works closely with colleagues on PPP/PFI projects and advises regularly on commercial contracts, state aid and public procurement matters.
In addition, Peter has a keen interest in fast-growing businesses and SMEs in the technology, leisure, life science and healthcare sectors and has developed trusted adviser relationships with clients across these sectors.
Joined Sharpe Pritchard
Thomas Eggar; Shakespeares
- Acquisition by a newly-incorporated joint venture company of offender rehabilitation services business previously provided within the public sector;
- Acquisition by a charitable social enterprise of several leisure centre businesses from a local authority.
- Acting for a housing association on its merger with another Midlands-based housing association.
- Multi-million pound acquisition out of administration by a charitable social enterprise of a flagship sports and leisure facility in East London;
- Advising a UK-based software company on the disposal of its business to a US-based software giant.
- Cross-border joint venture for a large UK mail logistics company;
- Acquisition of a musculoskeletal surgery business by a market-leading private hospital provider;
- Acquisition of a competitor by a leading chain of health clubs;
- Acquisition of a UK-based domiciliary care company by a US private equity house.
What others say