Each year we advise and assist on hundreds of procurement exercises. We advise contracting authorities and utilities on procurement, including Central Government, NDPBs, police authorities, utilities, regulators and every level of local government. We also act for consultants, contractors, charities and registered providers.
We provide end-to-end advice on routine and complex procurements across a whole range of sectors including: IT and data, construction projects, regeneration projects, infrastructure projects, and other works, services, supply and concession contracts.
We have extensive knowledge of EU and UK procurement law, including the PCR, UCR and concession rules and surrounding guidance and case law. Our procurement law team provide advice and representation on all aspects of procurement law and procurement processes including:
- Advising on procurement strategy and compliance
- Preparing procurement documentation
- Designing and advising on selection and evaluation methodologies
- Navigating complex procurement procedures
- Preparing all contract documentation
- Advising at each stage of the competitive process
- Debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- Advising on mitigating procurement risk
- Advising on VEAT notices, including in relation to major contract variations
- Assisting with all governance and compliance requirements
- Bringing and defending challenges to procurement processes
On complex procurement projects, we also work very closely with financial and technical advisors to ensure that our clients get a seamless service from their advisory team.
- We are experts in PCR 2015, UCR 2016 and CCR 2016.
- We successfully acted for Hammersmith & Fulham LB in the first case in the UK on the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 Ocean Outdoor UK Ltd v Hammersmith & Fulham LB .
- We advised on the largest procurement ever conducted in the water sector.
- We developed the procurement and commercial strategy for a nationally significant road infrastructure project.
- We devised the procurement strategy, drafted all procurement documents and provided end to end support on a nationally significant rail infrastructure project.
- We advise on complex and routine procurements for works, services, supplies and concessions.
- We provide end to end procurement advice.
- We help clients minimise procurement challenge risk.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
On 20th March the government released the second Procurement Policy Notice (PPN) of the year in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. PPN 02/20 provides guidance to contracting authorities to Read more
Yesterday (18th March 2020) afternoon saw the government release the first Procurement Policy Note (PPN) of the year, in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. PPN 01/20 recognises that the Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
The Supreme Court overturns the Court of Appeal decision in WM Morrison Supermarkets v Various Claimants
Introduction On 1 April 2020, the Supreme Court ruled that Morrisons is not vicariously liable for its employee’s criminal act of leaking payroll data of nearly 100,000 colleagues. The Court Read more
The judgment of Mr Justice Griffiths in this case has provided some helpful guidelines as to the basis on which costs can be awarded on an indemnity basis to a Read more