Each year we advise and assist on hundreds of procurement and franchising exercises. We advise contracting authorities and utilities on procurement, including Central Government, NDPBs, police authorities, utilities, regulators and every level of local government. We also act for consultants, contractors, charities and registered providers.
We provide end-to-end advice on routine and complex procurements across a whole range of sectors including: IT and data, construction projects, regeneration projects, infrastructure projects, and other works, services, supply and concession contracts.
We have extensive knowledge of UK procurement law, including the PCR, UCR and concession rules and surrounding guidance and case law, including changes arising from the exit of the UK from the EU. Our procurement law team provide advice and representation on all aspects of procurement law and procurement processes including:
- Advising on procurement and franchising strategy and compliance
- Preparing procurement documentation
- Designing and advising on selection and evaluation methodologies
- Navigating complex procurement procedures
- Preparing all contract documentation
- Advising at each stage of the competitive process
- Debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- Advising on mitigating procurement risk
- Advising on VEAT notices, including in relation to major contract variations
- Assisting with all governance and compliance requirements
- Bringing and defending challenges to procurement processes
On complex procurement projects, we also work very closely with financial and technical advisors to ensure that our clients get a seamless service from their advisory team.
- We are experts in PCR 2015, UCR 2016 and CCR 2016.
- We successfully acted for Hammersmith & Fulham LB in the first case in the UK on the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 Ocean Outdoor UK Ltd v Hammersmith & Fulham LB .
- We advised on the largest procurement ever conducted in the water sector.
- We developed the procurement and commercial strategy for a nationally significant road infrastructure project.
- We devised the procurement strategy, drafted all procurement documents and provided end to end support on a nationally significant rail infrastructure project.
- We advise on complex and routine procurements for works, services, supplies and concessions.
- We provide end to end procurement advice.
- We help clients minimise procurement challenge risk.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
Not So Personal Messages: R. (on the application of Good Law Project Ltd) v Secretary of State for Health and Social Care and Abingdon Health Plc  EWHC 2595 (TCC)
Facts The Good Law Project Limited (the “GLP”) is challenging the direct award by the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care (the “SoS”) of three contracts for the Read more
The Government published its Post- Brexit Green Paper ‘Transforming Public Procurement’ on 15th December 2020 (as previously reported on our website), the stated policy aims being: “To provide the UK Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
The wellbeing of our staff has always been important to our Partners but, over the last three years, our Chief Operating Officer, Nadia Biles Davies, has turned this commitment into Read more
This week central government released two major climate publications: the Heat and Buildings Strategy and the Net Zero Strategy. Both documents contain a myriad of policies and approaches. Both documents Read more