Each year we advise and assist on hundreds of procurement and franchising exercises. We advise contracting authorities and utilities on procurement, including Central Government, NDPBs, police authorities, utilities, regulators and every level of local government. We also act for consultants, contractors, charities and registered providers.
We provide end-to-end advice on routine and complex procurements across a whole range of sectors including: IT and data, construction projects, regeneration projects, infrastructure projects, and other works, services, supply and concession contracts.
We have extensive knowledge of EU and UK procurement law, including the PCR, UCR and concession rules and surrounding guidance and case law. Our procurement law team provide advice and representation on all aspects of procurement law and procurement processes including:
- Advising on procurement and franchising strategy and compliance
- Preparing procurement documentation
- Designing and advising on selection and evaluation methodologies
- Navigating complex procurement procedures
- Preparing all contract documentation
- Advising at each stage of the competitive process
- Debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- Advising on mitigating procurement risk
- Advising on VEAT notices, including in relation to major contract variations
- Assisting with all governance and compliance requirements
- Bringing and defending challenges to procurement processes
On complex procurement projects, we also work very closely with financial and technical advisors to ensure that our clients get a seamless service from their advisory team.
- We are experts in PCR 2015, UCR 2016 and CCR 2016.
- We successfully acted for Hammersmith & Fulham LB in the first case in the UK on the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 Ocean Outdoor UK Ltd v Hammersmith & Fulham LB .
- We advised on the largest procurement ever conducted in the water sector.
- We developed the procurement and commercial strategy for a nationally significant road infrastructure project.
- We devised the procurement strategy, drafted all procurement documents and provided end to end support on a nationally significant rail infrastructure project.
- We advise on complex and routine procurements for works, services, supplies and concessions.
- We provide end to end procurement advice.
- We help clients minimise procurement challenge risk.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
On 24th June, the Government issued PPN 07/21 (the “PPN”) relating to the publication of notices on Contracts Finder. The PPN is accompanied by the newly published “Guidance on the Read more
The future of public procurement in light of Good Law Project’s recent victories in the High Court Questions regarding the conduct of government ministers carrying out pandemic-related procurements have captured Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
The Judicial Review and Courts Bill was introduced to the House on 21 July 2021. The Bill follows the Independent Review of Administrative Law (IRAL), which reported in January 2021, Read more
Climate Emergency “We are in a climate emergency”. While true, this is a very fashionable phrase at present amongst legal and political professionals. It is so often used that there Read more