Each year we advise and assist on hundreds of procurement exercises. We advise contracting authorities and utilities on procurement, including Central Government, NDPBs, police authorities, utilities, regulators and every level of local government. We also act for consultants, contractors, charities and registered providers.
We provide end-to-end advice on routine and complex procurements across a whole range of sectors including: IT and data, construction projects, regeneration projects, infrastructure projects, and other works, services, supply and concession contracts.
We have extensive knowledge of EU and UK procurement law, including the PCR, UCR and concession rules and surrounding guidance and case law. Our procurement law team provide advice and representation on all aspects of procurement law and procurement processes including:
- Advising on procurement strategy and compliance
- Preparing procurement documentation
- Designing and advising on selection and evaluation methodologies
- Navigating complex procurement procedures
- Preparing all contract documentation
- Advising at each stage of the competitive process
- Debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- Advising on mitigating procurement risk
- Advising on VEAT notices, including in relation to major contract variations
- Assisting with all governance and compliance requirements
- Bringing and defending challenges to procurement processes
On complex procurement projects, we also work very closely with financial and technical advisors to ensure that our clients get a seamless service from their advisory team.
- We are experts in PCR 2015, UCR 2016 and CCR 2016.
- We successfully acted for Hammersmith & Fulham LB in the first case in the UK on the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 Ocean Outdoor UK Ltd v Hammersmith & Fulham LB .
- We advised on the largest procurement ever conducted in the water sector.
- We developed the procurement and commercial strategy for a nationally significant road infrastructure project.
- We devised the procurement strategy, drafted all procurement documents and provided end to end support on a nationally significant rail infrastructure project.
- We advise on complex and routine procurements for works, services, supplies and concessions.
- We provide end to end procurement advice.
- We help clients minimise procurement challenge risk.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
In this rapidly evolving environment, one would be forgiven for having missed the government’s announcement last week that the UK has given formal confirmation to the EU that the Brexit Read more
Introduction In a previous earlier article we highlighted almost simultaneous but contrasting judgements concerning the strict 30 day time limit for starting proceedings under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (“the Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Stand up for your interest: interested parties and standing to apply for a variation of an Aarhus Convention cost cap
The Aarhus Convention has for some time now been a welcome benefit to claimants involved in environmental litigation ensuring that there is ‘inexpensive’ access to justice in such cases and Read more
Does your termination clause still work the way you think? Changes to insolvency law under the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
Parliament has now passed the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 (Act), making some significant reforms to the insolvency regime, with some particular consequences for suppliers of goods and services. Read more