Each year we advise and assist on hundreds of procurement and franchising exercises. We advise contracting authorities and utilities on procurement, including Central Government, NDPBs, police authorities, utilities, regulators and every level of local government. We also act for consultants, contractors, charities and registered providers.
We provide end-to-end advice on routine and complex procurements across a whole range of sectors including: IT and data, construction projects, regeneration projects, infrastructure projects, and other works, services, supply and concession contracts.
We have extensive knowledge of EU and UK procurement law, including the PCR, UCR and concession rules and surrounding guidance and case law. Our procurement law team provide advice and representation on all aspects of procurement law and procurement processes including:
- Advising on procurement and franchising strategy and compliance
- Preparing procurement documentation
- Designing and advising on selection and evaluation methodologies
- Navigating complex procurement procedures
- Preparing all contract documentation
- Advising at each stage of the competitive process
- Debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- Advising on mitigating procurement risk
- Advising on VEAT notices, including in relation to major contract variations
- Assisting with all governance and compliance requirements
- Bringing and defending challenges to procurement processes
On complex procurement projects, we also work very closely with financial and technical advisors to ensure that our clients get a seamless service from their advisory team.
- We are experts in PCR 2015, UCR 2016 and CCR 2016.
- We successfully acted for Hammersmith & Fulham LB in the first case in the UK on the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 Ocean Outdoor UK Ltd v Hammersmith & Fulham LB .
- We advised on the largest procurement ever conducted in the water sector.
- We developed the procurement and commercial strategy for a nationally significant road infrastructure project.
- We devised the procurement strategy, drafted all procurement documents and provided end to end support on a nationally significant rail infrastructure project.
- We advise on complex and routine procurements for works, services, supplies and concessions.
- We provide end to end procurement advice.
- We help clients minimise procurement challenge risk.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
‘A step in the right direction’: Sharpe Pritchard’s response to the Government’s Green Paper on transforming public procurement
Sharpe Pritchard’s Procurement Working Group has recently responded to the Government’s Green Paper Transforming Public Procurement, which outlines the Government’s proposals for reforming what it describes as the ‘outdated’ public Read more
Introduction The coming together of these two elements in the procurement of public contracts under The Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (“PCR” ) was recently considered in Aquilla Heywood Ltd v. Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Judicial Review proceedings are of great constitutional importance and are an independent mechanism for scrutinising and controlling the exercise of a public body’s power. In 2019 Judicial Review was front Read more
On 11 May 2021, Her Majesty the Queen addressed both Houses as part of the ceremonial State Opening of Parliament. In the Queen’s speech, Her Majesty outlined a new legislative Read more