Each year we advise and assist on hundreds of procurement and franchising exercises. We advise contracting authorities and utilities on procurement, including Central Government, NDPBs, police authorities, utilities, regulators and every level of local government. We also act for consultants, contractors, charities and registered providers.
We provide end-to-end advice on routine and complex procurements across a whole range of sectors including: IT and data, construction projects, regeneration projects, infrastructure projects, and other works, services, supply and concession contracts.
We have extensive knowledge of EU and UK procurement law, including the PCR, UCR and concession rules and surrounding guidance and case law. Our procurement law team provide advice and representation on all aspects of procurement law and procurement processes including:
- Advising on procurement and franchising strategy and compliance
- Preparing procurement documentation
- Designing and advising on selection and evaluation methodologies
- Navigating complex procurement procedures
- Preparing all contract documentation
- Advising at each stage of the competitive process
- Debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- Advising on mitigating procurement risk
- Advising on VEAT notices, including in relation to major contract variations
- Assisting with all governance and compliance requirements
- Bringing and defending challenges to procurement processes
On complex procurement projects, we also work very closely with financial and technical advisors to ensure that our clients get a seamless service from their advisory team.
- We are experts in PCR 2015, UCR 2016 and CCR 2016.
- We successfully acted for Hammersmith & Fulham LB in the first case in the UK on the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 Ocean Outdoor UK Ltd v Hammersmith & Fulham LB .
- We advised on the largest procurement ever conducted in the water sector.
- We developed the procurement and commercial strategy for a nationally significant road infrastructure project.
- We devised the procurement strategy, drafted all procurement documents and provided end to end support on a nationally significant rail infrastructure project.
- We advise on complex and routine procurements for works, services, supplies and concessions.
- We provide end to end procurement advice.
- We help clients minimise procurement challenge risk.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
In a trial of two preliminary issues in Community R4C Ltd -v- Gloucestershire County Council  EWHC 1803 (TCC) the Court held that a consortium was not an Economic Operator under the Read more
The Updated Playbook The fifth PPN of 2020 draws attention to the recent publication of the Cabinet Office’s Outsourcing Playbook v2.0. The original iteration of the Playbook was designed to Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Following the UK Government’s tightening of track and trace measures last week, it is now mandatory for various organisations, including public authorities, to collect contact information for those visiting their Read more
In the news this week, it was reported that Public Health Wales suffered a personal data breach when details of over 18,000 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 were Read more