We have significant expertise advising public and private sector clients on all aspects of environmental law across a broad range of industry sectors including waste, infrastructure, renewable energy, planning, as well as undertaking environmental due diligence in real estate and corporate deals.
Our team of solicitors frequently act for clients on large and complex planning and environmental projects from site acquisition and land assembly through to implementation of the development project.
Our advice extends to:
- Environmental Impact Assessment process including screening and scoping opinions
- Environmental litigation (both criminal and civil) including judicial review challenges, injunctions, appeals and prosecutions
- Enforcement where there is an apparent breach of environmental control
- Waste regulation
- Listed buildings and conservation areas
- Infrastructure agreements
- Water and sewerage
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
The Supreme Court overturns the Court of Appeal decision in WM Morrison Supermarkets v Various Claimants
Introduction On 1 April 2020, the Supreme Court ruled that Morrisons is not vicariously liable for its employee’s criminal act of leaking payroll data of nearly 100,000 colleagues. The Court Read more
The judgment of Mr Justice Griffiths in this case has provided some helpful guidelines as to the basis on which costs can be awarded on an indemnity basis to a Read more