We undertake a wide range of criminal prosecutions on behalf of range of public bodies.
As well as handling post-conviction confiscation proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, we deal with appeals against conviction and sentence to the Crown Court or Court of Appeal, and case-stated appeals in the High Court.
Areas of expertise include fraud planning law, trading standards, waste, food safety/hygiene, health and safety, private sector housing, and other regulatory regimes.
- Successful prosecution of Poundworld on behalf of a London borough for Health and Safety and Food Safety and Hygiene offences resulting in largest recorded fine.
- Successful prosecution of serial fly-tipper on behalf of large London borough securing maximum magistrates court sentence of two consecutive 6 month prison sentences. Case covered in national press.
- Regular prosecution of rogue landlords on behalf of large London borough including breaches of HMO mamangement regulations and failure to properly licence.
- Prosecuted a fraudster on behalf of two large London Boroughs and the DWP who claimed benefits in three different identities including possession of fake passports. A three month prosecution resulting in sentencing to a 7 year custodial sentence.
- Cash seizure/forfeiture proceedings in the magistrates’ court including post-conviction Proceeds of Crime Act confiscation proceedings together with defending an unsuccessful appeal against conviction and resulting sentence to the Court of Appeal.
It is vital for the legal industry to support the environmental agenda. Our specialist teams are finding more and more ways to support our clients green goals and obligations. Visit our green goals page for more details on how we can achieve green aims both for our clients in the work we do as well as a business and employer.