Our commercial property team are experts in the acquisition and disposal of all types of property.
A thorough understanding and knowledge of the legal issues related to the buying and selling of commercial property ensures we are able to offer legal support through all stages of a transaction, providing advice which is practical and commercial and which in the case of acquisitions is relevant to the client’s future proposals for the property.
We have expertise in the acquisition and disposal of the full range of property types including office premises, industrial parks and retail units as well as specialist properties including former school sites, open space and church land.
Our commercial property team can assist with:-
- initial due diligence, searches and enquiries
- preparation of comprehensive Reports on Title
- title investigations and legal ownership
- advice on third party rights including rights of light, rights of way and covenants
- planning constraints
- drafting and negotiation of sale agreements, including conditional contracts and sale and leasebacks
- overage mechanisms
- property finance and security
- ancillary issues likely to arise in the context of such transactions including:
- Stamp Duty Land Tax and VAT
- Capital allowances
- property warranties
- auction sales.
- Acting for West London Waste Authority in connection with its freehold acquisition of two key strategic waste sites in West London from Network Rail for a combined purchase price in excess of £40m
- Acting for Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames in their investment acquisition of Kingsmill Business Park comprising 20 commercial units with a passing rent of over £1m pa
- Acting for London Borough of Camden in the disposal of its Town Hall annexe building to a major hotel group for a purchase price in excess of £60m
- Acting for London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority in the disposal, subject to planning, of its former Southwark Bridge fire station
- Acting for a District Council in the north of England on its investment acquisition of a retail park
What others say
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Acquisitions and disposals
Respect is due! Upper Tribunal considers the weight to be given to local authority financial penalty decisions
This week, a significant Upper Tribunal decision was handed down by Judge Elizabeth Cooke in Waltham Forest LBC v (1) Marshall (2) Ustek  UKUT 0035 (LC). The cases of Marshall and Ustek began as Read more
After years of political wrangling, last week the UK officially left the European Union. Although headlines were naturally engulfed with Brexit news of woe or celebration, an interesting development regarding Read more