Our team of experts has extensive experience in advising on large-scale, complex and high value development and regeneration projects.
We have a reputation for expertise and innovation in advising clients on all aspects of regeneration and development and provide an end to end service from scheme conception to completion.
Our team specialises in advising clients on the most appropriate delivery vehicle for their scheme, such as development agreements, corporate joint ventures and other collaborative arrangements and regularly assist clients to procure schemes through the EU Competitive Dialogue and Competitive Procedure with Negotiation. Getting the agreement right is critical for the long-term success of the project and we work closely with our clients to ensure that they have an agreement in place that protects their interests and enables the transformation of communities for the benefit of residents and businesses.
As well as advising on delivery models our team assists clients with every element of their development schemes including site assembly, transfers and lease arrangements, construction documentation and warranties, obtaining licences and easements, options, pre-emption and overage agreements.
- Advising Hertfordshire County Council on its procurement of a property development JV partner to help it achieve stronger development returns from its surplus land.
- Advising Brentwood Borough Council on its Asset Development Programme utilising the competitive dialogue procedure to procure a JV property development partner for projects with a gross development value in excess of £1bn.
- Better Queensway Regeneration Project – advising Southend on Sea on its largest ever town centre regeneration project.
- Atheldene Regeneration Scheme – advising LB Wandsworth on contract structure, site assembly, planning and the CPO.
- Royal Albert Dock – advising the Chinese backed developer behind the regeneration of the site at Royal Albert Dock to form a new business district totalling 4.7m sq ft of mixed office, residential, retail and leisure.
- Hawksworth Securities Plc – acting for private developer Hawksworth Securities Plc in connection with a development agreement with Peterborough City Council for the development of a mixed use scheme at North Westgate, Peterborough.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
Regeneration and Development
The projects team at Sharpe Pritchard continues to grow following the addition of three new solicitors. Steve Gummer, re-joins the firm from Allen and Overy as an associate in our Read more
How (Not) To Evaluate Tenders in a Public Procurement: Energysolutions EU Ltd v Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (2016) – Landmark Case Report On 29 July 2016, the High Court handed down Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Regeneration and Development
The Supreme Court overturns the Court of Appeal decision in WM Morrison Supermarkets v Various Claimants
Introduction On 1 April 2020, the Supreme Court ruled that Morrisons is not vicariously liable for its employee’s criminal act of leaking payroll data of nearly 100,000 colleagues. The Court Read more
The judgment of Mr Justice Griffiths in this case has provided some helpful guidelines as to the basis on which costs can be awarded on an indemnity basis to a Read more