Get your Green Project off the ground with 10 hours free local legal advice
We are committed to helping local authorities to meet their green goals and achieve their Net Zero targets.
As part of this commitment, we are offering 10 hours of pro bono legal advice to one local authority each quarter on green projects in the feasibility phase.
Local authorities are leaders in green projects. However, with constrained budgets it can be challenging to commit resources at the feasibility stage. This is a real blocker to progress in this sector.
Who should apply and when?
- Local Authorities should apply setting out details of their project and how it meets their criteria. This should include when they anticipate the project would commence although applications for advice on feasibility of projects meeting the criteria will also be accepted.
- Four projects will be accepted each year. 1 per quarterly interval. Application deadlines per quarter will be:
- 1 May
- 1 August
- 1 November
- 1 February
- Successful Local Authorities will be contacted within 2 weeks.
- The 10 hours of free legal advice and support must be taken within three months of the commencement date.
- The 10 hours of free legal advice and support will be limited to the single project applied for and no other.
- Work will be on SP standards terms and conditions.