Our team has advised on a wide range of leisure projects for local authority clients. Many of our lawyers have direct experience of working within the legal team of a public authority, which means that we are uniquely placed to advise on achieving practical solutions and minimising risk.
We work with local authorities across the UK and have been appointed to a number of approved procurement panels.
Our expert team advises on projects ranging from wide scale PPP contracts to ‘design build and operate’ to smaller scale concession contracts for a single facility. The solicitors in our projects team are known for their innovative approach. We ensure that the objectives of a project are placed at the heart of the transaction and the law is a tool for achieving them, not a hurdle.
We advise on all aspects of the project procurement from the outset with the drafting and issue of the contract notice in the Official Journal of the European Union, through to award and post award on contract variations and enforcement of the default mechanisms.
We also support leisure development projects in all their real estate operations including planning law, construction contracts and dispute resolution.
Our technology and data team members advise on the full range of information law, including the procurement of hardware and software, and any implications in relation to data protection, freedom of information and privacy.
As local authorities become more innovative in designing new ways of working, it is vitally important to ensure that all activities are in line with employment law regulations, good corporate governance and human rights legislation.
We are well known to the leading leisure service providers and have worked with a number of the key leisure consultants.
- We advised a London Borough with a Sport England Leisure Operator contract across its 3 sites. We helped the client move from a subsidy position to receiving a management fee.
- We advised on a combined procurement for two West Country District Councils, covering the maintenance and operation of a golf club, high ropes course and leisure facilities.
- We advised a leisure provider on a shared use project between the local authority and a school. We supported the client from the outset of the procurement to contract award.
- We advised a South East district council on the construction of a water park and later advised on the procurement of a leisure provider for 2 leisure centres and a golf course.
- We advised a leisure provider for an East Midlands district council. The contract was a short-term let pending the appointment of a contractor to build a new leisure facility.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
The ICO has recently published draft guidance about the special considerations that must be given to the rights of children under the General Data Protection Regulation. In 2017, Ofcom reported Read more
On 8th February 2018, Mr Justice Fraser handed down judgment in Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust (1) and Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (2) –v- Lancashire County Council  EWHC 200 (TCC), Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) will have to take extra precautions when using personal data after the Brexit transition period comes to an end, a major regulator has warned. The Read more
The Public Procurement (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020 No. 1319) (“the 2020 Regulations”) were made on 19th November, in readiness for the expiration of the transition period of Read more