We offer comprehensive corporate and company law advice to a wide range of clients across both the public and private sectors, with a particular expertise in advising clients who operate at the interface between the two.
We harness our renowned public sector expertise to advise public sector bodies on the creation of innovative corporate structures for public sector service delivery; whether this is through the establishment of partnerships, mutuals, joint ventures, ‘Teckal’ companies or trading subsidiaries. We can also offer advice to those private businesses looking to enter into relationships with public sector bodies.
Our corporate team can offer advice at all stages of a business’ lifetime, from formation through to an eventual sale or other exit and it is our aim to become trusted advisers to the business throughout this journey.
We strive to provide advice that is robust, yet sensible and unfussy and tailored to the business we have got to know. We can offer advice in relation to:
- Company formation and articles of association
- Company secretary services
- Shareholders’ and investment agreements
- Private fundraisings and equity investments
- Board governance matters
- Share buybacks, capital reductions and taxation
- Share acquisitions and disposals
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Joint ventures
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Incentive share schemes
- Corporate governance
- Restructuring and insolvency
We can also offer a full range of company secretarial services, which offer businesses a cost-effective way to deal with their statutory filing obligations.
- West Sussex County Council on its land development joint venture
- Palace of Westminster: advising on the incorporation of the Restoration and Renewal Delivery Authority Limited
- The seller group (including UK Government Investments) on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of an employment-placing business for disabled people.
- A newly-incorporated joint venture company on its acquisition of an offender rehabilitation services business previously operated within the public sector.
- Bracknell Forest Council on the sale of a hotel and conference business.
- The seller group on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of a property holding company to a large developer as part of the compulsory purchase process for the Crossrail project.
- A venture capital business on its multi-million pound investments in a chain of restaurants and in a fast-growing gym business.
- A large facilities management company on its capital restructuring.
- Hertfordshire County Council and Brentwood Borough Council on their limited liability partnership joint ventures to develop their surplus land assets.
- Southend on Sea Borough Council on its joint venture with a housing association to regenerate a large housing estate.
- A lead local authority in the South East on its collaboration arrangements for waste disposal.
- Incorporation of numerous housing companies for a range of public sector clients, including corporate structuring, commercialisation and vires advice.
It is vital for the legal industry to support the environmental agenda. Our specialist teams are finding more and more ways to support our clients green goals and obligations. Visit our green goals page for more details on how we can achieve green aims both for our clients in the work we do as well as a business and employer.