Our award-winning team has advised on some of the most significant and complex infrastructure deals in the UK in the last decade.
We work with our clients to identify the best and most appropriate procurement strategy and contractual mechanism to ensure projects are delivered economically and efficiently. We pride ourselves on providing practical and commercial legal advice.
We provide legal advice and guide multi-disciplinary teams through complex procurement, negotiation and due diligence processes. We advise on all legal issues necessary to deliver an infrastructure project, including procurement, land assembly, planning, project documents, parliamentary, regulation, contracts, finance, joint ventures, corporate structuring and construction.
See also our Infrastructure authorisation team for more information on our expertise in planning and consents.
Recent work includes:
- Commercial and procurement advice on a number of UK top 40 priority projects
- Devising procurement and commercial strategies for major infrastructure projects
- Advising on complex procurement of infrastructure under PCR and UCR regimes
- Advising a water utility on delivery of a new reservoir
- Advising on Thames Tideway Tunnel project (London’s ‘super sewer’)
- Providing end to end advice on the procurement and construction of numerous waste and energy from waste PPP / PFI projects
- Advice on Ofwat’s new direct procurement for customers
- Advising on energy projects, including energy from waste (EfW), photovoltaic and renewable heat initiatives
- Advising local authorities on delivery of decentralised energy, including district heating schemes
- Legal advisers to Houses of Parliament on the Palace of Westminster’s Restoration and Renewal programme.
- Advising Thames Water on the procurement and construction aspects of the £4.2bn Thames Tideway Tunnel project.
- Advising on a nationally significant rail project.
- Acting Portsmouth Water on Havant Thicket Reservoir.
- Advising on a nationally significant road project.
- Advising Hertfordshire County Council on its £2bn joint venture project for the development of surplus land assets.
- Acting for the West London Waste Authority on its £1.4bn PPP project for management of waste in West London.
- Advising on numerous waste infrastructure projects as part of Defra’s Waste infrastructure PPP/PFI programme.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
Stand up for your Rights: Assignment of subcontract includes transfer of both accrued and future rights unless expressly limited
The fallout from the £150 million Energy Works Hull Project has certainly kept the Technology and Construction Court busy in recent months. In July, we considered the ruling of O’Farrell Read more
To Hull and Back: TCC considers whether adjudication decisions regarding EfW plant contract can be enforced
Engie v MW High Tech Projects is the latest in a long line of cases arising from the construction and/or operation of Energy from Waste (EfW) plants. In this case, Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Price & Prejudice: Site provider successful in opposing the imposition of a telecoms agreement under the Electronic Communications Code in Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Ltd v University of The Arts London  UKUT 248 (LC)
Despite the consistency with which the Upper Tribunal (the ‘UT’) has imposed telecoms agreements on landowners/site providers, a recent decision clarifies where the prejudice suffered by a site provider is Read more
The County Court delivered the first decision concerning the interaction between the 2017 Electronic Communications Code (“ECC” or “Code”) and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (“LTA 1954”) in Vodafone Read more