Our expert employment solicitors ensure that our clients comply with the latest employment regulations and are aware of best employment practices. They draft and update terms and conditions of service, including for atypical employment models, policies and procedures or staff handbooks.
When issues arise, our clients can rely on our employment lawyers to assist with a full range of advice on matters including:
- Employment policies and procedures
- Employment status – employee, worker, agency worker, consultant or independent contractor
- Equal pay or holiday pay
- Disciplinary procedures
- Handling staff grievances
- Managing redundancies and re-structuring
- Avoiding discrimination claims
- Settlement agreements
- Advising on TUPE and pensions
- Handling employment tribunal claims
- Judicial mediation and informal conciliation
- Claims in the Employment Appeals Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Managing sickness absence
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Avoiding industrial unrest
We provide general advice on employment policy and procedures to help facilitate the smooth running of our clients’ organisations.
In the event of a problem which might lead towards an employment tribunal, we advise and support our clients’ HR team at every stage of the case.
- Striking out a claim which alleged that the claimant had been tricked into signing a settlement agreement.
- Defending multiple claims for arrears of allowances due for holiday periods over 6 years.
- Advising three District Councils regarding TUPE and pension aspects of the outsourcing of a shared service including a bespoke admission agreement for the pension fund.
- Advising a commercial body providing public sector services on the in-sourcing of a service devolved from central government, inc. pensions transfer, identification of management staff in scope to transfer, assimilation to other roles.
- Acting for the London Fire & Emergency Planning Authority on procurement, drafting and negotiation of a contract with a private sector contractor – administration of the Fire Fighters Pension Schemes & Compensation Scheme.
- Advising Suffolk County Council on the closure of a Pension Fund for employees of Ipswich Buses.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
The COVID-19 pandemic, and the consequential increase in working from home, has driven demand for workplace surveillance tools. Organisations look for solutions that monitor and aid productivity of their remote Read more
The government has announced the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Scheme) has been extended in response to the impact of the new national restrictions which will require the population to Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) will have to take extra precautions when using personal data after the Brexit transition period comes to an end, a major regulator has warned. The Read more
The Public Procurement (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020 No. 1319) (“the 2020 Regulations”) were made on 19th November, in readiness for the expiration of the transition period of Read more