Technology continues to develop at a rapid pace in today’s market and is key to enabling business transformation and efficiency. This pace of development can provide major benefits to how businesses, central government and local government operates, but also often brings with it potential challenges to overcome such as security, intellectual property, and data protection issues.
Our solicitors advise organisations across the public, private and third sectors on a wide range of major and complex technology projects including IT and business process outsourcing, digital transformation projects, managed IT service contracts, telecommunications projects, hardware refresh projects, software licensing projects, support and maintenance contracts, website design contracts, software as a service and other cloud solutions, including the use of the G-Cloud Framework.
We also advise on innovative technologies including the use of automation, and artificial intelligence.
- Ministry of Justice: Technology Transformation Programme.
- Cheshire East Borough Council: Enterprise Resourcing Planning IT System.
- Essex Police and Kent Police: advising on the procurement of a framework agreement for an innovative mobile applications solution for front-line police officers for use by 13 different police forces.
- Advising a number of local authorities on the use of the G-Cloud Framework and other CCS and ESPO Frameworks for the procurement of certain technologies.
- Dorset County Council: advising on the BDUK (DCMS) governed procurement for superfast and ultrafast broadband.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
To Hull and Back: TCC considers whether adjudication decisions regarding EfW plant contract can be enforced
Engie v MW High Tech Projects is the latest in a long line of cases arising from the construction and/or operation of Energy from Waste (EfW) plants. In this case, Read more
On 18 June the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) released its investigation report into mobile phone data extraction by police forces in England and Wales. The investigation, which began in August Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
How far can you limit what’s included in the scope of an adjudication? It is well known that the courts will support the enforcement of an adjudication decision even if Read more
The Covid-19 pandemic and the lead up to the end of the Brexit transition period saw, what must be, an unprecedented number of urgent procurements and direct awards in 2020. Read more