As Parliamentary Agents we can provide an added level of experience for promoters and opponents of major infrastructure schemes. Add to that the expertise of our lawyers in our top-rated procurement, compulsory purchase, real estate and planning law teams, and we have one of the most formidable and highly regarded ‘one-stop shops’ for infrastructure authorisation work, including nationally significant infrastructure schemes (NSIPs), local and regional rail projects, port and harbour infrastructure and energy projects.
We act for statutory undertakers, transport providers, local and central government and major landowners, providing end-to-end advice and assistance on all infrastructure authorisation processes, including:
- Development consent orders
- Transport and Works Act orders
- Harbour revision orders
- Marine licences
- Hybrid bills
- Environmental permitting
- Highways schemes
- Acting for a large number of significant petitioners on the HS2 hybrid Bills, including most local authorities and a number of national bodies and major landowners.
- Acting for landowners, local authorities and other significant clients on current and recently made DCOs, including many highway schemes, nuclear power (Sizewell C) and wind farm projects.
- Promoting a works harbour revision order and associated marine licence for a harbour authority.
- Advising a railway company on a prospective TWA Order promotion.
- Providing planning advice and negotiating a planning agreement and other agreements for the developer of a major new reservoir.