Aidan specialises in urban and housing regeneration projects with particular experience in compulsory purchase and site assembly for large scale developments.
Aidan advises on the property aspects of local authority housing estate renewal and redevelopment projects and has acted on a large number of town centre regeneration schemes. His core specialisation is as a real estate lawyer and he has substantial experience in all commercial freehold and leasehold transactions including pre-emption agreements, options and overage agreements, social housing disposals, and development agreements. Aidan heads the compulsory purchase team within the firm which is drawn from both the planning, litigation and real estate departments.
Aidan advises the public sector on the use of, and procedure for, compulsory acquisition of land and third party interests including advice on compensation claims arising from the use of compulsory purchase powers. He also has particular experience of telecoms leases and licences and telecoms operators’ protections under the Telecommunications Act 1984.
Aidan advises in a wide range of sectors including regeneration and social housing.
Aidan is also a member of the Compulsory Purchase Association.
Joined Sharpe Pritchard
Lawrence Jones; Fairbridge (charity now part of The Prince’s Trust); Batchelors LLP
- acted for the Royal Borough of Greenwich on the making and confirmation of the compulsory purchase order for the Ferrier Estate, in Kidbrooke, South East London and now advising on compensation claims to the Lands Chamber Upper Tribunal;
- acted for the London Borough of Wandsworth on several Empty Homes compulsory purchase orders in order to bring empty, and often derelict, properties back into residential use;
- acting for the London Borough of Hounslow on the redevelopment of a number of the council’s housing estates in conjunction with private developers and the council’s ALMO, Hounslow Homes Limited;
- acted for the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in the sale of vacated and surplus council offices and car park for the development of a new sixth form college which was linked to the purchase by the council of the college’s former premises as the site for a new primary and secondary school;
- acted for a Community Interest Company as a party to an agreement for the carrying out of major flood alleviation works within the Dulwich area of South London.
What others say
Senior solicitor Aidan Dickinson is “approachable and pragmatic” Legal 500, 2015.