The UK water industry is heavily regulated and is facing significant change. We have extensive experience of advising water utilities and regulators.
We work with our clients to identify the best and most appropriate procurement strategy and contractual mechanism to ensure projects are delivered economically and efficiently. We provide practical and commercial legal advice and guide multi-disciplinary teams through complex procurement, negotiation and due diligence processes.
We have advised on:
- Direct procurement for customers
- Procurement under the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016
- Construction matters for major water infrastructure
- Service agreements to support water
- Submissions to regulators as part of regular price control processes
- Application of competition law
- Economic regulatory issues
- Bulk supplies
- Bespoke major schemes including Thames Tideway Tunnel
Our team has advised on some of the most significant and complex infrastructure deals to close in the last decade including on Thames Tideway Tunnel. The team has an enviable reputation nationally.
We can also support you on related aspects, including environmental regulation and dispute resolution.
- We acted for Thames Water supporting and developing the £4.2 billion Thames Tideway Tunnel project.
- We advised Bazalgette Tunnel Limited (Tideway) on their construction arrangements and post licence award procurement and commercial issues.
- We represent a regulatory body developing a new form of private financing solution in the water sector for major infrastructure.
- We are advising a water utility company developing a c.£100m new reservoir – including developing construction and procurement documents.
- We are advising a water utility company putting in place an innovative form of bulk supply agreement – including regulatory and commercial agreements.
- We have assisted a number of water companies in providing submissions to Ofwat at multiple Price Reviews.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Introduction In the weeks leading up to Christmas 2020, a year of unprecedented challenges for the Construction Industry was threatening to end in crisis. With the ‘Transition Period’ coming to Read more
Uber BV and others (Appellants) v Aslam and others (Respondents)  UKSC 5 The Supreme Court has now handed down Judgment on the Uber case which will set a precedent Read more