Since completing our first waste to energy contract in 1995, our team has advised on some of the most significant and complex infrastructure deals to close in the last decade including 18 PFI and PPPs. The team has an enviable reputation nationally.
We advise local authorities, central government, contracting authorities, WDAs, WCAs and contractors.
We work with our clients to identify the best and most appropriate procurement strategy and contractual mechanism to ensure projects are delivered economically and efficiently. We provide practical and commercial legal advice and guide multi-disciplinary teams through complex procurement, negotiation and due diligence processes.
We know and understand the waste sector, including the law, central government guidance and policy, the local authority roles and requirements under the EPA and the private sector’s offering, requirements and commercial stance.
Recent work includes advice on:
- Procurement of complex waste disposal contracts
- Restructuring PPP/PFI contracts to deliver operational savings
- Contracts for design, build, finance and operation of energy from waste facilities, MBT and other alternative treatment technologies
- Contracts for recycling, composting and MRF facilities
- Procurement of single site and multi-site projects
- Disaggregated and integrated solutions
- Contracts for HWRC management
- Collection and recycling contracts
- Contracts for waste transfer arrangements
- Waste policy and government guidance
- Delivering joined up services across boundaries
- Partnering arrangements in two tier authorities
- Impact on waste management arrangements following local government reorganisation
- Our core team has worked together for over 20 years and have acted for local authorities across the country in relation to a whole range of arrangements.
- We have acted on some of the most complex waste management deals to close in the last decade, including 18 PFI and PPPs.
- We have advised on contracts for design, build, finance and operation of energy from waste facilities, MBT and other alternative treatment technologies.
- We have advised on contracts for recycling, composting and MRF facilities.
- We have advised on contracts for HWRC management, collection and recycling contracts and contracts for waste transfer arrangements.
- We have advised NAWDO on waste policy and interpretation issues.
- We have acted for central government (Defra and HMT) in relation to waste matters.
- We are joint authors of Defra’s Waste Infrastructure Delivery Programme’s Residual Waste Treatment Contract.