We are widely recognised for our advice on a variety of transport projects across the country, including a number of nationally significant and high value schemes in road, rail and ports.
Our lawyers are experts in the rapidly evolving and emerging policies, both at national and European level, that affect this diverse sector. We act for government bodies, sponsors, contractors, regulators and agencies.
Our understanding of the complex regulatory environment for transport and procurement rules means that we are ideally suited to advise central and local government and transport providers on the legislation and case law relating to the provision of transport infrastructure and transport services.
We provide imaginative strategies for procuring complex infrastructure projects, rolling stock, SMART traffic systems and signalling. Our authorisation, real estate, environmental, IT, construction and procurement teams work together to provide a holistic service on all relevant areas.
We work with public sector regulatory bodies and public and private sector transport providers across the country. We are appointed to all the key central and local government panels.
Our infrastructure authorisation lawyers are highly experienced in working on nationally important transport projects like HS2, Crossrail, on Transport and Works and Development Consent Order applications for road, rail and ports schemes.
Our procurement team is expert in public contracts and utilities contracts procurement rules.
Our infrastructure and construction law teams advise on all standard form construction contracts, including JCT, NEC, GC/Works and FIDIC. We also advise on all ancillary documentation, including bonds, parent company guarantees and collateral warranties. In addition, we advise on standard form and bespoke professional team appointments and partnering agreements
We also advise transport providers and regulators on dispute resolution with a particular focus on adjudication. In addition, we advise on and guide our clients through mediation, litigation, expert determination and arbitration.
Our licensing experience includes advising on taxi and private hire legislation, and our Parliamentary Agents have experience in advising on and drafting highway and road traffic related legislation. We advise on highways and road traffic law, including stopping up orders and traffic regulation orders.
The transport team regularly lectures and runs training workshops on major infrastructure, highways and transport projects and how to successfully deliver them.
- Advising on the procurement, construction and commercial aspects of a nationally significant rail project.
- Advising on the procurement, construction and commercial aspects of on a nationally significant road project.
- Acting for contracting authorities on numerous transport and highways infrastructure PFI/PPP projects.
- Advising MerseyTravel on their hydrogen bus project.
- Advising local authorities on highways schemes.
- Expertise in PCR 2015 and UCR 2016 procurements.
- Advising on consents and third party agreements on nationally important transport projects, including Crossrail.
- Advising on Transport and Works Orders for significant transport projects.
- Advising sponsors, developers and third parties on Development Consent Order applications for road, rail and ports schemes.
It is vital for the legal industry to support the environmental agenda. Our specialist teams are finding more and more ways to support our clients green goals and obligations. Visit our green goals page for more details on how we can achieve green aims both for our clients in the work we do as well as a business and employer.