Since completing our first waste to energy contract in 1995, our team has advised on some of the most significant and complex infrastructure deals to close in the last decade including 18 PFI and PPPs. The team has an enviable national reputation include within the energy and renewables sector; advising utilities, contracting authorities, contractors and regulators.
Our team members work with our clients to identify the best and most appropriate procurement strategy and contractual mechanism to ensure projects are delivered economically and efficiently. We provide practical and commercial legal advice and guide multi-disciplinary teams through complex procurement, negotiation and due diligence processes.
We are familiar with all the latest developments in renewable energy technology, including:
- Metering and demand side electricity issues
- Energy from waste (EfW)
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Competition Proxy Model in electricity transmission
- Development of the SPV Model in electricity transmission
- Decentralised energy – including district heating
- Photovoltaic and renewable heat initiatives
- CATO and OFTO regime
- RAB related schemes including innovations in UK nuclear
- Onshore wind turbines
We can also support you on related aspects, including environmental regulation, employment law and dispute resolution.
- Advising on energy from waste projects.
- Advising on onshore and off shore wind turbine projects.
- Advising on metering and demand side electricity issues.
- Working with Ofgem on development of the SPV Model in electricity transmission.
- Advising on photovoltaic and renewable heat initiatives.
- Advising on RAB related schemes, including innovations in UK nuclear.
- Advising Cambridgeshire County Council on Swaffham Prior district heating scheme.
- Advising City of London on the Citigen district heating scheme.
- Advising on numerous energy infrastructure projects as part of Defra’s Waste infrastructure PPP/PFI programme.
It is vital for the legal industry to support the environmental agenda. Our specialist teams are finding more and more ways to support our clients green goals and obligations. Visit our green goals page for more details on how we can achieve green aims both for our clients in the work we do as well as a business and employer.