Our team of construction law specialists advise a broad range of clients across the industry, including central government, local authorities, higher education institutions, hospital trusts, developers, project sponsors, consultants and charitable institutions. We advise on all manner of construction and infrastructure projects, from major waste plant energy projects to town centre regenerations.
Our projects include:
- School expansion programmes
- High-profile and politically sensitive new builds and large scale refurbishments
- Major engineering projects (including highways and bridges)
- Higher educational facilities
- Commercial premises
- Mixed use schemes
- Large-scale housing schemes
- Student and affordable accommodation and historic restorations
Our team also advises on all aspects of construction disputes, including extension of time and loss and expense claims, professional negligence claims and general damages claims. We are highly experienced in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, litigation, expert determination and adjudication. We have a dedicated adjudication unit (SP Adjudication) which deals exclusively with construction disputes.
We regularly lecture and run training workshops on JCT and NEC contracts, procurement in the construction industry and dispute resolution.
- Central Government – major flagship design and build construction project in central London.
- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council – Better Queensway. Advising on the Council’s most significant and largest ever regeneration project.
- Authorities across the country – large-scale development and construction joint ventures, including town centre regenerations, commercial developments and major housing projects.
- London councils – extensive school expansion projects.
- Complex energy from waste infrastructure project for an authority.
- London Authority – advising a Council on a complex construction dispute, crystallising in a “Christmas adjudication”.
- Brentwood Borough Council, Asset Development Joint Venture Procurement. Advising on a competitive dialogue procurement for projects with gross development value of > £1bn.
- major contractors and PLCs on construction disputes in respect of extension of time claims, loss and expense claims and ‘smash and grab’ adjudications.
- a higher educations institution on a major new build.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
The NEC4 suite of contracts was published in June 2017. Following publication there has been continuing discussion and feedback from users and industry experts on the new features, forms and Read more
Stand up for your Rights: Assignment of subcontract includes transfer of both accrued and future rights unless expressly limited
The fallout from the £150 million Energy Works Hull Project has certainly kept the Technology and Construction Court busy in recent months. In July, we considered the ruling of O’Farrell Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) will have to take extra precautions when using personal data after the Brexit transition period comes to an end, a major regulator has warned. The Read more
The Public Procurement (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020 No. 1319) (“the 2020 Regulations”) were made on 19th November, in readiness for the expiration of the transition period of Read more