Our team of construction law specialists advise a broad range of clients across the industry, including central government, local authorities, higher education institutions, hospital trusts, developers, project sponsors, consultants and charitable institutions. We advise on all manner of construction and infrastructure projects, from major waste plant energy projects to town centre regenerations.
Our projects include:
- School expansion programmes
- High-profile and politically sensitive new builds and large scale refurbishments
- Major engineering projects (including highways and bridges)
- Higher educational facilities
- Commercial premises
- Mixed use schemes
- Large-scale housing schemes
- Student and affordable accommodation and historic restorations
Our team also advises on all aspects of construction disputes, including extension of time and loss and expense claims, professional negligence claims and general damages claims. We are highly experienced in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, litigation, expert determination and adjudication. We have a dedicated adjudication unit (SP Adjudication) which deals exclusively with construction disputes.
We regularly lecture and run training workshops on JCT and NEC contracts, procurement in the construction industry and dispute resolution.
- Central Government – major flagship design and build construction project in central London.
- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council – Better Queensway. Advising on the Council’s most significant and largest ever regeneration project.
- Authorities across the country – large-scale development and construction joint ventures, including town centre regenerations, commercial developments and major housing projects.
- London councils – extensive school expansion projects.
- Complex energy from waste infrastructure project for an authority.
- London Authority – advising a Council on a complex construction dispute, crystallising in a “Christmas adjudication”.
- Brentwood Borough Council, Asset Development Joint Venture Procurement. Advising on a competitive dialogue procurement for projects with gross development value of > £1bn.
- major contractors and PLCs on construction disputes in respect of extension of time claims, loss and expense claims and ‘smash and grab’ adjudications.
- a higher educations institution on a major new build.
What others say
Latest Sharpe Focus Newsletter
The final in our series of January refreshers looks at payment, specifically at the terms of the Construction Act, payment disputes, and what happens in the event of insolvency. The Read more
Amey, the main contractor in relation to refurbishment works of Sheffield’s road network, engaged Aggregate as subcontractor to undertake surfacing, planning and civil engineering works. The court granted two declarations Read more
Sharpe Pritchard latest news and blog
Respect is due! Upper Tribunal considers the weight to be given to local authority financial penalty decisions
This week, a significant Upper Tribunal decision was handed down by Judge Elizabeth Cooke in Waltham Forest LBC v (1) Marshall (2) Ustek  UKUT 0035 (LC). The cases of Marshall and Ustek began as Read more
After years of political wrangling, last week the UK officially left the European Union. Although headlines were naturally engulfed with Brexit news of woe or celebration, an interesting development regarding Read more