Sharpe Pritchard’s Real Estate and Corporate teams work closely together in advising both commercial and public-sector clients on the financing of real estate acquisitions and developments. We have significant experience in advising on major urban regeneration projects and the real estate aspects of energy, resources and infrastructure projects, as well as property financing transactions, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and private finance initiatives (PFIs), joint ventures, and other innovative schemes driven by real estate finance.
Our strong track record in all sectors of the property finance industry, from leisure and healthcare to residential and commercial, means that we are well placed to advise on all aspects of property finance transactions. Our services cover:
- sale and leaseback transactions;
- mezzanine finance and preferred equity;
- overage arrangements;
- real estate due diligence, acquisition, disposal and leasing;
- property investment via wholesale and retail collective investment schemes;
- refinancing and restructuring;
- liquidity bridge facilities; risk management; related tax advice (including stamp duty, VAT, NNDR and GST) and advice concerning planning, environmental and regulatory considerations.
- Advising the London Borough of Waltham Forest on an exceptionally large and complex stock transfer involving a large estate and also numerous street properties, and which necessitated complex overage provisions, a VAT shelter scheme and provisions for sharing sales proceeds;
- Assisting a client in securing £180 million by way of a prudential borrowing model whereby bank senior debt is refinanced at facility completion by locally secured debt, investment or capital;Securing for a client £250 million of project finance, by way of a mezzanine finance model, in a volatile banking market;
- Acting for a local-authority-influenced company on several rounds of equity capital fundraising;
- Providing legal support to the London Borough of Harrow on arrangements for the transfer and redevelopment of a housing estate, including drafting substantial provisions related to private development in order to subsidise the construction of social housing.
What others say
“Sharpe Pritchard’s Jo Pickering heads a team recommended for its public sector work, advising on large-scale, complex and often strategic and innovative regeneration and redevelopment projects, both housing and mixed-use” Legal 500, 2015
"Sharpe Pritchard offers outstanding advice” Chambers UK, 2015
"They're very thorough, consistent and clear, and they have fast turnaround times. We've been absolutely delighted" Client