Ryan’s core practice centres on company law and corporate governance. He frequently advises on corporate finance and governance arrangements on a range of company structures including local authority joint ventures and associated subsidiaries, charities and private corporate clients.
He also regularly advises on intellectual property law and is highly regarded by clients for his succinct, clear guidance on complex issues.
Ryan has experience of advising on a variety of housing company schemes and has substantial commercial knowledge on infrastructure and commercial projects. He advises on a range of commercial contracts, company law issues, State aid financing, and public law.
Frequently guiding clients on board governance and company law requirements, Ryan provides company directors, shareholders and trustees with clear legal direction to ensure they can focus on the successful and efficient operation of their business.
Ryan regularly conducts specialised and complex legal research and reviews a wide range of contractual arrangements including large scale infrastructure and financing projects as well as company incorporations, acquisitions and disposals.
Complimenting his core practice of corporate finance, Ryan also advises on intellectual property, State aid and modern slavery laws.
- Advising a group of shareholders on a corporate restructuring involving a share sale, setting up a new joint venture and negotiating alterations to existing franchise arrangements.
- Advising various companies on intellectual property issues and ownership considerations across a number of IP disciplines.
- Supporting and advising a London authority through a competitive procurement exercise regarding a joint venture with a private entity and drafting and negotiating the legal suite, including shareholders agreements and financing arrangements.
- Providing board governance, finance and general company law advice to a range of corporate vehicles.
- Advising authorities on the necessary steps and arrangements when considering “insourcing” services which are currently outsourced.
- Advising a London borough on the most advantageous legal structure when entering into a joint venture with a private company for the development of Council-owned land.
- Advising several London authorities on the best corporate structures for outsourcing services to a wholly-owned Regulation 12 (“Teckal”) company.