Responsive professionals who provide, pragmatic, sensible and robust advice and very importantly Sharpe Pritchard understand my needs as a Local Authority client and how the legal advice provided by them impacts upon the Local Authority and its residents.
Assistant Director Legal Services
Sharpe Pritchard provided an exceptionally professional service. Requests from us were responded to incredibly promptly and they could be relied upon to be there when we needed them. The solicitors possessed excellent practical knowledge and experience of the subject and were comfortably able to advise on more diverse aspects when issues arose.
Executive Director of Commercial Services
Peter is a corporate lawyer who specialises in creating commercial delivery structures for public sector clients including through subsidiary companies, collaboration arrangements, partnerships and joint ventures. He regularly advises clients on public/private sector joint ventures relating to property assets in the context of land development and regeneration.
Peter has considerable corporate finance experience which he now harnesses to provide pragmatic and commercial advice to local authorities and other public bodies. Peter also acts for clients on company acquisitions and disposals, private equity investments, fundraisings, group reorganisations and corporate governance.
As part of his corporate work, Peter advises clients on public procurement and subsidy control matters. He is regularly asked to advise accountable bodies on the terms of multi-million pound grant agreements.
Peter is also a trusted adviser to a number of local enterprise partnerships, having been at the forefront of developing the corporate governance arrangements for a number of LEPs following the requirement for them to become incorporated.
Peter provides pragmatic, unfussy and commercially-focussed advice. He aims to develop trusted relationships with his clients whether they are public or private sector and to become an effective extension of their legal or management team.
- West Sussex County Council on its land development joint venture
- Palace of Westminster: advising on the incorporation of the Restoration and Renewal Delivery Authority Limited
- The seller group (including UK Government Investments) on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of an employment-placing business
- Southend on Sea Borough Council on its joint venture with a housing association to regenerate a large housing estate
- Peterborough City Council on its joint venture to develop an academic campus within the town.
- A newly-incorporated joint venture company on its acquisition of an offender rehabilitation services business previously operated within the public sector
- Hertfordshire County Council and Brentwood Borough Council on their limited liability partnership joint ventures to develop their surplus land assets
- A venture capital business on its multi-million pound investments in a chain of restaurants and in a fast-growing gym business.
- Bracknell Forest Council on the sale of a hotel and conference business to a hotel entrepreneur
- London Borough on its procurement of a joint venture partner for the regeneration of a large residential and commercial area.