Just wanted to thank you for all your help and support with the Programme. We couldn’t have achieved half what we have without your support. I can remember describing you to [a colleague] and how you work and the skill you bring to your role and input, far wider than the legal aspects, real insight into the strategic business direction, which adds so much extra value. [My colleague] responded by saying I’d summed up your input and contribution really well, but had underplayed your contribution by miles!
Thank you again, for all your advice and also your patience, it’s been a real pleasure working with you.
Julia Rudin is a recognised practitioner in public procurement.
Chambers and Partners UK 2017
I feel that your contribution has played a vital role in what we believe was an extremely successful project team environment
Local authority client
The majority of Julia’s work involves advising the public sector on a wide range of commercial transactions, with particular expertise in running complex competitive processes and advising on IT and technology contracts.
Julia has acted as lead partner or contract manager on numerous public sector term contracts including long-term arrangements with DWP, the MoJ, the Metropolitan Police Service and Wandsworth Council, and is very experienced in leading teams on complex programmes.
Julia regularly advises on large scale and complex public procurements. These cover a wide range of legal issues including intellectual property rights and software licensing, data security, risk transfer, limits on liability and other issues which arise during the contractual process.
Julia has extensive experience of advising on the structure of proposed transactions and the procurement strategy, drafting all relevant contractual documentation, including commercial contracts, and of leading legal negotiations with bidders.
She advises clients in a wide range of sectors including central government, local government, emergency services, NHS Trusts and NDPBs.
- Ministry of Justice’s Technology Transition Programme;
- Eastern Shire Counties Street lighting PFI. Lead Partner on a joint competitive dialogue procurement for Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire County Councils for the award of two separate 25 year PFI contracts. The project was shortlisted for Best Transport Project at the Partnership Awards;
- Southampton’s Strategic Services Programme;
- Advising five local authorities on their joint procurement of two contracts to transform delivery of a wide range of corporate services;
- Advising an NHS Trust on a range of high value and complex contractual issues and disputes relating to its long term PFI contract;
- HR and Payroll project for Wakefield Council;
- Advising two local authorities on the joint procurement of an ERP system;
- Assisting a technology start-up company on its successful bids to provide SaaS products to Universities.