Jane is a partner in the infrastructure group and specialises in the procurement of complex infrastructure and construction projects. She has particular experience in the areas of highways and transportation and public realm infrastructure.
Over the last 15 years, Jane has provided detailed legal, contractual procurement, commercial and strategic advice on a large number of complex projects, at all stages of procurement until contract award then beyond into delivery, changes over time and termination/expiry.
She has extensive knowledge and experience of the NEC3 and NEC4 suites of contracts and their use and amendment to meet client and project requirements. She is familiar with other standard forms, including JCT. She places particular emphasis on drafting contracts which maintain maximum flexibility (whilst complying with procurement law) to withstand changes in the political and economic climates during their term.
Jane has experience of procuring and drafting term maintenance contracts, professional services contracts and framework agreements. She has detailed knowledge of relevant documentation including payment, and pricing and performance mechanisms. Jane specialises in reviewing the legal interface between conditions of contract and technical documentation. She also has experience of establishing and implementing partnering and alliancing arrangements in the construction and infrastructure spaces.
Jane is an experienced author of procurement documentation for use under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (as amended) and the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (as amended).
Jane is comfortable working as part of a wider interdisciplinary team to identify the best and most practical solutions and documentation for a particular project. This is demonstrated by her recent work “co-located” in-house with a number of clients for the duration of their procurements. Jane has also enjoyed secondments to a number of in-house legal teams.
She has given seminars on procurement and construction law and contributed to Lexis Nexis and the CICES Construction Law Review. She is a member of the Society of Construction Law.
Jane is an accredited NEC4 ECC Project Manager.
- Advising on a major highways reprocurement using the competitive procedure with negotiation (under the PCR 2015) to procure 8-12 year term service contracts (based on NEC4) for term maintenance and term consultancy services and related works framework agreements
- Advising the New Hospital Programme (Department for Health and Social Care) on partnering arrangements linking NHP, NHS Trusts and appointed contractors for 10 early projects to build new hospitals, along with further partnering arrangements for later stages of the Programme.
- Provision of procurement and commercial support to the systems team of a key rail infrastructure project named in the UK’s ‘National Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2016 to 2021.
- Thames Tideway Tunnel – procurement of the systems integration contract and part of SP team working with Thames Water’s project team between July 2014 and licence award in 2015 on all aspects of the construction contract procurement.
- Procurement and drafting of NEC-based highways term maintenance contracts in relation to five separate UK highways authorities.
- Contract drafting in relation to refurbishment and redevelopment of a number of public buildings and sites for a south-eastern district council.