James acts for a range of public and private sector clients and has extensive experience on a wide range of commercial property work. James has particular experience in commercial lease negotiations and portfolio asset management (including: licences, variations, assignments, underlettings). James also advises clients on large scale regeneration and development projects.
James also has experience in providing guidance to landowners on agreements relating to telecommunications equipment and masts – including advice on the ramifications of the provisions of the recently revised Electronic Communications Code (ECC).
James has experience advising a broad range of clients including: Local Authorities, Public Bodies, Central Government Bodies, Pension Funds, Developers, Freight and Logistics Companies and SME’s.
LLB (Hons) Law and B.A (Hons) Modern History
Joined Sharpe Pritchard
Blaser Mills LLP – Associate (2018-2019)
- Acted for a local authority on multiple commercial lease arrangements on a large industrial estate as part of their portfolio.
- Acted for global freight company in securing a commercial tenancy of a new Birmingham warehouse space as flood damage to old premises had put a halt to operations. Met with client to discuss the way forward, negotiated and completed lease under significant time pressures to ensure resumption of business operations.
- Advised a government body with regards a subsisting telecommunications lease, arising from the proposed upgrade and alterations works for the site on a government building in Central London.
- Advised a local authority on the property aspects of a large scale infrastructure project involving the construction of a new connection road.
- Acted for a local authority in the drafting, negotiating and granting of leases in connection with various school academy conversions.
- Acted for a pension fund in negotiations concerning a new lease for a telecommunications mast on a commercial office building in London. Advised the fund of their legal options under the ECC (and ramifications of each) and actively drove forward solutions to break the deadlock in ongoing negotiations.
What others say