… much enjoyed working with you and certainly would choose to do so again
… provided support and a proactive approach at all times
… gave a detailed intelligent and thoughtful analysis of all the issues we faced
… the support was first class
… Appreciate all your hard work in winning the case and being responsive and helpful to us as well.
Over the past 5 years Colin has mainly concentrated on three practice areas:-
- Procurement challenges – procurement advice
- Commercial contract disputes and terminations
- Commercial property disputes
– but has experience in many others.
Colin has a long a litigation background. His recent work areas consist of;
- Procurement challenges arising out of abandoned and recommenced of public contract procurements.
- Defending a procurement challenge where the Claimant’s tender was rejected for breach of a mandatory requirement.
- Advising on modifications of public contracts post award
- Contractual and commercial lease interpretation issues
- Negligent misrepresentation in a County Council’s sale of residential development land
- Judicial Review in an alleged breach of S123 of The Local Government Act 1972
- A variety of pre-action exchanges to avoid disputes developing – particularly potential procurement challenge cases where the initial exchanges can be crucial and determinative on whether proceedings are commenced
- Advising clients before and after dispute resolution procedures in contracts have been engaged
- Acting in proceedings of a commercial nature for public and private sector Claimants and Defendants
- Acting in early termination of commercial contracts for breach and otherwise
Colin is a member of the Procurement Lawyers Association and has published articles in the Local Government Lawyer and the Journal of Planning Law.
- Acting for Daventry District Council in their successful claim for rectification of an agreement which transferred its housing stock to an RSL (See Daventry District Council v Daventry District Housing Limited  EWCA Civ 1153).
- Acting for a County Council/Waste Disposal Authority in a disputed right of way which provided access to a new multi million pound energy from waste facility.
- Successfully acting for a London Borough in an “overcharging” for services and goods case.
- Acting for a South East of England Borough Council in a claim for payments made under a “failed” novation of a housing maintenance contract.
- Successfully acting for a London Borough in a challenge to its award of a long-term high value contract for its leisure and sporting facilities.
- Advising a South East of England Borough Council on modifications to a town centre development agreement.
- Acting for a major water utility in an abnormally low tender challenge.
- Advising a South East of England Council in varying a waste collection contract under Regulation 72 on the PCR 2015.
- Acting for a healthcare provider in a challenge to its procurement award decision.
- Successfully acting in the landmark judicial review procurement case of Wylde v Waverley Borough Council  EWHC 466 (Admin).