I am sure that we will call on you for advice as you have always been so reliable and good.
Senior solicitor Aidan Dickinson is “approachable and pragmatic”
Legal 500, 2015.
Aidan specialises in infrastructure and urban and housing regeneration projects with extensive experience in compulsory purchase and site assembly for large scale development and infrastructure schemes.
Aidan’s core specialisation is as a real estate lawyer and he has substantial experience of all types of land transactions, from freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, to development agreements, pre-emption agreements, options and overage agreements. Aidan has acted on a large number of local authority housing estate renewal and redevelopment projects and housing stock transfers.
Aidan heads the compulsory purchase team within the firm and has over 15 years’ experience in this specialist field. He advises acquiring authorities through the whole compulsory purchase process from the initial consideration of the use of such powers right through to representation at public inquiry, implementation of the compulsory purchase order and the payment of compensation to dispossessed landowners. Aidan has advised across the range of compulsory purchase enabling powers and has successfully promoted compulsory purchase orders for highway and utility schemes, town centre mixed use developments, housing estate regeneration and education projects.
Aidan is considered by clients to be “approachable and pragmatic”.
Aidan is recommended for compulsory purchase in the Legal 500 2017 and listed as “A Next Generation Partner” in the Legal 500 2020.
Aidan is a member of the Compulsory Purchase Association.
- Acted for the Royal Borough of Greenwich in the compulsory acquisition of land at the Ferrier Estate, Kidbrooke to enable the construction of “Kidbrooke Village”.
- Acting for several London Boroughs on the acquisition of land, by agreement and under CPOs, to enable the redevelopment and regeneration of local authority housing estates.
- Acting for London Borough of Wandsworth in the compulsory acquisition of land required for the development of housing, commercial premises and a new health centre.
- Acting for Herefordshire County Council in the compulsory acquisition of land for the construction of a new link road to the south of Hereford City Centre.
- Acting for Stoke City Council on the land agreements required to enable the construction of a new link road from Stoke City Centre to the Etruria Valley Enterprise Zone.