To provide a generalist HR co-ordination and support for all aspects of HR policies, systems, procedures and HR administration. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will help draft and embed necessary policies and procedures, provide basic policy and procedure advice, support and guidance to the firm. You will be responsible for managing all HR administration, data input, systems and procedures ensuring confidentiality and the effective management of personal data is adhered to at all times.
Recruitment, Selection & Induction
- Prepare and issue offer letters and contracts of employment ensuring these are in line with company policies, practice terms and in line with current legislation
- Liaise with external agencies in all advertisements and related services
- Ensure all new starters go through an on-boarding and induction process and are welcomed to the Sharpe Pritchard team
- Carry out regular check-ins with both new starters and their managers to ensure they are integrating well into the firm and providing any relevant guidance and support as appropriate
- Ensure all new starters complete their probation periods effectively and are signed off by their Manager in line with the firm’s policies and procedures
HR General & Administration
- Lead and maintain all company policies and procedures and provides guidance to the firm as appropriate to ensure Sharpe Pritchard can operate a fair, transparent and supportive working environment
- Responsible for maintaining and providing guidance on all employee related systems and procedures to ensure all employee data is handled correctly and sensitively and the firm is compliant with all legislative requirements
- Maintain the HR System (Cascade) to reflect employee records, sickness data and holiday entitlement, providing regular reports to the COO
- General reporting of management information such as headcount, appraisal completion, absence, leave, sickness, salary and benefits as required to ensure the partners can understand their employee make up
- Work closely with the Finance team on all payroll administration ensuring accurate reporting of employee data and processing of payroll is completed in a timely manner and in line with payroll procedures
- Continually review the efficiency of the HR administration systems and procedures and make recommendations for enhancements or changes as required
- Assist the Partners with HR related projects as and when required
- Be familiar with and where applicable follow and implement procedures laid out in the Office Manual
- Work with Employment Lawyer and HR / Legal Advisors on specific legislation updates or employee matters accordingly to ensure the firm follows best practice and reduce the risk of ET claims and reputation risk to Sharpe Pritchard
Learning and Development
- Assist the Partners in identifying personal development plans and training requirements for employees within Sharpe Pritchard
- Co-ordinate the Trainee Training Programme and fee-earner’s CPD requirements
- Coordinate the firm-wide training programme, including liaising with external providers, booking external training courses and events and managing the associated costs appropriately
- Check the training budgets, invoice amounts and process training invoices accordingly ensuring all financial transactions are authorised for the Finance Department to pay and process
Specific Legal / Regulatory Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Sharpe Pritchard adheres to and remains compliant with all statutory, regulatory and legal requirements to operate a safe working environment and that any relevant policies, procedures and management of the same is in place to ensure all parties are clear on the Partners’ expectations by all
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- CIPD qualified level 5 desirable or studying towards qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with others dealing with at times sensitive information and situations in a pragmatic, mature and sensitive manner
- Able to listen, provide guidance and influence others
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicts, meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a legal environment or professional services is desirable
- Good general administrative experience and a diplomatic approach to dealing with people and at time difficult situations appropriately
- Understanding of GDPR and Information laws which affect HR practice.
- A professional, approachable individual who can influence others and develop good relationships
- Approaches things with energy and pace, tact and determination
- Demonstrates self-belief and confidence in their own ability to succeed
- Positive and proactive approach
- Supportive, a good listener who can understand others needs and provide guidance on best way forward
- Open, transparent and honest towards others and can handle challenging conversations
- Understanding and demonstrates in practice an adherence to equality, diversity and inclusion.
If you are looking to join a firm where public law is at the heart of what we do, apply with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies, please.
RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Please click here for our recruitment privacy notice.
This article is for general awareness only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. The law may have changed since this page was first published.