Interested in a career in Legal Finance or professional services? Get your first step on the ladder.
We are now recruiting for a Finance Assistant to manage the day to day financial administration of the finance department including filing, organising meetings, credit control duties, liaising with external clients and suppliers, some cashiering transactions, dealing with queries and absence cover.
the day to day running of the Finance function. You will report to the Finance Manager and work closely with all members of the finance team to provide an efficient and proactive service by adhering to service level agreements and meeting all compliance requirements.
We have been recognised as an outstanding place to work by Best Companies in 2023 and 2022 and ranked 1st in 2023 as the best mid sized company to work for. You will experience a friendly and collegiate team atmosphere where work life balance respected. As well as a raft of benefits, we offer hybrid working and our modern offices are based in the heart of Farringdon.
This is an admin focused role and you will have a variety of responsibilities to include:
- Collating invoices and relevant information for the firm’s Management Information Reports
- Updating the firms undertaking spreadsheet
- Confirming bank details over the phone with clients and suppliers for payments being sent and received.
- Assist the Revenue Controller with sending the firms invoices out and uploading to portals.
- Assist the Revenue Controller with the chasing payment of outstanding invoices adhering to the firms credit control procedure.
- Monitor the credit control inbox, dealing with copy invoice requests and escalating complex queries to the Revenue Controller
- Administration of matter contacts, fee estimates and purchase orders
- Processing of time transfers and write offs.
- Organising meetings and ensuring that documentation is available for the meeting.
- Assisting with filing in the finance teams electronic filing system
- Monitoring of Finance Teams central inbox, ensuring that queries and urgent requests are escalated in a timely fashion.
- Assist with team cover during
- Other finance and administrative duties as and when required.
In order to be considered for this Finance Assistant position, you must have good academics, particularly in Maths and English Language at GSCE standard or equivalent. You must also have knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures and strong IT technical ability with MS Office Skills, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
You will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written. You will have organisational and time management skills enabling you to prioritise workload effectively and work under pressure. You will have an attention to detail with the ability to sport numerical errors, and a willingness to learn.
Why join us?
We have been recognised as an outstanding place to work by Best Companies in 2023 and 2022 and ranked 1st in 2023 as the best mid sized company to work for. We are a purpose driven organisation with an active social committee, Corporate Social responsibility committee, Equality and Diversity forum and Wellbeing Leadership Group. We have recently become a signatory to the Mindful Business Charter.
It is central to our values that our teams reflect the diverse community around us and that everyone at Sharpe Pritchard can be themselves and bring their authentic selves to work. Achieving true equality, diversity and inclusion is a core aim and we very much welcome applications from all sections of our diverse community, irrespective of race or racial group, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion or belief, age or disability. We make reasonable adjustments within the recruitment process and upon joining the firm to support applicants of all abilities.
What you will be getting in return
You will work alongside a supportive, friendly and collaborative team, offering flexible hybrid working from the start. We have an HQ in London but welcome candidates from across the UK who have the ability to pop into HQ, ideally 1 or 2 days a week.
A generous bonus scheme is on offer alongside a competitive salary. You will gain professional development with a structured path to advancing your career. We provide a generous benefits package that includes but is not limited to;
- Generous annual leave, starting at 28 days leave per annum
- Private Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Smart health (including virtual GP service)
- Health and wellbeing app
- Individual learning and development and Business development budgets
- Flexi time policy (core working hours of 10.00 – 16.00)
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working (for example, part time and home working)
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
Regular team events including:
- Social committee events throughout the year
- Monthly all staff lunches
Closing date: Monday 31 July, 2023
Get in touch if you are looking to do high quality legal work across the country with a friendly and supportive team by applying here.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of race or racial group, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age or disability.
We make reasonable adjustments within the recruitment process and upon joining the firm to support applicants of all abilities.