Job Title: Energy Projects – Associate / Senior Associate
We have a great opportunity for an Associate or a Senior Associate with a strong interest clean energy and net zero to join our Infrastructure team. We can also consider an experienced Senior Associate wishing to progress to Legal Director.
The award-winning team has advised on some of the most significant and complex infrastructure deals in the UK in the last decade. The team act for local government and central government, utilities, contractors and regulators, providing legal advice and guide multi-disciplinary teams through complex procurement, negotiation and due diligence processes.
Recent work includes:
- Advising a water utility on delivery of a new reservoir
- Advising on Thames Tideway Tunnel project (London’s ‘super sewer’)
- Providing end to end advice on the procurement and construction of numerous waste and energy from waste PPP / PFI projects
- Advice on Ofwat’s new direct procurement for customers
- Advising on energy projects, including energy from waste (EfW), photovoltaic and renewable heat initiatives
- Advising local authorities on delivery of decentralised energy, including district heating schemes
The role will cover a wide range of top-tier and high-value energy project development work and energy regulation work. You will take on a caseload of energy projects including district heating projects, hydrogen projects, offshore wind- based projects. You will advise on cutting edge projects in the UK to enable complex construction, redevelopment and infrastructure projects to come to fruition.
You will have the opportunity to work closely alongside the partners in the team and take a lead on matters of your own. You will take early responsibility for your work and be trusted to get on with things in a supportive, collaborative and sociable setting.
You will have previous experience working on energy projects in a commercial firm, in-house or in the government or regulator. You will ideally have some experience of delivering renewable resources projects and/or experience in project finance, PPP and commercial contracts.
You must be bright, an effective communicator with the ability to handle meetings and negotiations with minimal support from a partner/senior associate. You are a strong team player, able to manage a complex and varied workload effectively. You will have a genuine interest in public sector work and a desire to learn and progress your career in infrastructure.
What you will be getting in return
You will work alongside a supportive, friendly and collaborative team, offering flexible hybrid working from the start. Our offices are based in London and we welcome candidates from national UK based locations who have the ability to work at our London office 1-2 days a week.
A generous bonus scheme is on offer alongside a competitive salary. You will gain professional development with a structured path to advancing your career. We provide a generous benefits package that includes but is not limited to;
- 28 days leave
- Private Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Smart health
- Flexi time policy – with core hours of 10.00 – 16.00
- Hybrid working – with the ability to work from home 3-4 days a week
- Regular social activities
Apply here with your CV and covering letter.